Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Art of Parenting :)

Hi...today I am going to share something that made me smile(a gud feeling) one fine morning...

I remember I woke up at 7.45 or so that morning and came outside my home where my mom is speaking with the milk-man{an old man of >65} and she was settling the amount for that month.Though it is easy to bring milk from dairy she like to buy from him not because the purity or else,she just want to take part in improving his earning as she always does it on seeing the too old or too young people who struggle for their life :).

Humm I started conversing with him.I appreciated his way of calculation. Then he smiled at me and said that he had done his P.U.C in 1964.I asked out of curiousity, whether he might had an opportunity to settle in public sector so that he can made his living by the pension easily.Hmm...I am jus observing the changes in his face as he continued.

{he started with a smile}నేను p.u.c చేసాక apsrtc lo job ఇస్తానన్నరమ్మ పిలిచి మరీ...కాని ఇంట్లో వాళ్ళకి ముక్యం గా మా నాన్న కి నేనంటే చాల ఇష్టం అమ్మ rtc conductor అంటే ఏ రాత్రుల్లో duty చేయాల్సి వస్తుంది ఎక్కడో తిరగాల్సి వస్తుంది వేల్లమాక ఏదోటి చేస్కున్దాం లే అని వేల్లనివ్వల అప్పుడు...అదే వేల్లనిచి ఉంటె ఇప్పుడు దర్జాగా బతికేవాడిని కష్టం లేకుండా....
I asked whether he had children..and he continued...
ఉన్నారమ్మ నన్ను వేల్లనివ్వలేదు గా మా నాన్న నేను అల చెయ్యలేదమ్మ సిమెంట్ పనికని నేర్చుకున్టానికి వెళ్తానని నా కొడుకు అడిగితే పంపించాను ఒక జత బట్టలు,తినటానికి పళ్ళెం ఒక దుప్పటి పట్టుకెళ్ళి 6 నెలలు కస్టపడి పని నేర్చుకున్నాడు అంతే ఇంక తర్వాత తనే కాంట్రాక్టు ల మీద బిల్డింగ్ కట్టటం మొదలుపెట్టి బాగా సంపాదించాడు కోటిన్నర పైన... మంచి గా ఎదిగాడు నా  బిడ్డ(i remember the spark in his face while saying this :) ) ఐన నాకు రూపై పెట్టడు.I felt sad but he had no such kind of expression in his face he was jus saying.... inspite of being sad or angry upon his son he was feeling proud that he had given his son a chance(and an encouragement) to grow.He is not expecting money from his son and he is striving for his living at this age.

I can not name the feeling i have had at that time....but a smile came on my face and I was thinking that...probably it might be this art of parenting that causes parents not to complain about their children and this makes them feel proud for their childrens' +ves and hide -ves :). 
humm.....This conversation and his expressions lingered in my brain that whole day... :)









2 nice people shared their opinions!:

vijayakrishna said...

gr8 gowthami... u remember all this chat while u were awake...
gr8 knowledge...

Gowthami said...

thnx vijay :)
the conversation's charm made it so...

Post a Comment

Hii.. :)
Thankyou so much for going through my blog..
why don't you say something??
I love to listen from you..
So do comment your views..Have a nice time!
Take care :) See you again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Thank you! Keep visiting!